All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
- Abraham Lincoln
- Abraham Lincoln
This quote above really stuck out to me as I prepared to write about my Mother on Mother's Day. "All that I am or ever hope to be." Wow, what a statement, right?
My mother is an honorable women. She has worked so hard to take care of my brother and I by the talents that God has given her. She is not only one of the most beautiful women on this planet, but is truly one of the most talented as well. There's not a thing that my mom can't do. Well, maybe she has a tough time getting less than 10 hours of sleep each night, but who's keeping track.
My Mom and I had a unique bond growing up. I was not only her son, and she my mother, but we were buddies. I know that sounds funny, but we just got each other and still do. I didn't mind going anywhere with my Mom. I was never embarrassed by her. Whether it was the movie theater just to go in a buy her some authentic movie theater popcorn and leave, or the grocery store to buy her some milk and.....well...I'll just call them girly products. I just didn't mind at all. I think that's what my wife loves about me most.
My Mom was very focused on making sure that my brother and I grew up to be perfect gentleman. One of the stories that sticks out the most regarding her training us up this way was when she took my brother and I to the mall one time. As we approached the entrance door she quietly stepped aside and waited for us to act appropriately. Now, what do I mean by this? Well, she was seeing if we would respond to her comment earlier that day to "always open a door for a lady." She wanted us to open her door for her without her having to ask us to. This moment will forever stick with me when I open a door for a lady. I've had comments such as "never stop doing what you just did" after opening a door for someone. That's comment was from a lady that I opened a door for in Colorado Springs over 10 years ago. Thanks Mom for training us right and my wife thanks you too.
Mom's are so important in our lives. I'm telling you, as much as I love my Dad and appreciate the boyish and manly things that he tough me. I sure am glad that it wasn't completely up to him to teach me how to be a gentleman. Otherwise, I would have been taking girls to the local farm pond on our first date. HA!
This is just a reflection and snapshot of a few of the millions of amazing moments I had with my Mom and just a few of the millions of amazing things that she did for me a taught me in my life. She continues to encourage, inspire and enlighten me on so many occasions.
Mom, I would never be who I am today without you!
- Your Son


1 comment:
great post man. your mom sounds like an amazing woman. makes me wish i could go see my mom for mother's day. wow, i made it through that with no sarcasm... what is happening to me???
Post a Comment